Exova BM TRADA offers free training on the importance of fire protection measures. July 12th Sheffield
Expert industry training provider, Exova BM TRADA, will be holding its next free ‘Fire Protection Measures – understanding your responsibilities’ training on 12 July at Sheffield Hallam University.
This popular event includes a number of short seminars over a half day which will provide participants with critical guidance on how to fulfil their obligations under the Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order 2005 (RRFSO).
Under the legislation, the ‘Responsible Person’, which can include the building’s owner, the employer where they have control over the building or if not the employer, the person who has control of the premises, have a legal requirement to comply with RRFSO. This course covers why the RRFSO matters and what it means in practice for the responsible person. It also covers the importance of the risk assessment and of having a competent fire risk assessor, the role of third party certification and of the enforcing officer; and the legal obligations of the fire risk assessor.
The course will run on 12 July at Sheffield Hallam University, with breakfast provided.
The panel of experts providing the training are from senior roles across the fire safety profession, all with first-hand knowledge and experience of fire protection measures:
- Simon Bailey is a senior fire protection consultant with extensive experience in assessment, testing and site surveys
- Niall Rowan is the Association for Specialist Fire Protection’s technical officer and has over 30 years’ experience
- Steve Skarratt heads the Fire Service College’s protection and prevention training
- Carl May-Smith is a barrister with in-depth legal experience on the RRFSO, having advised fire authorities and other public bodies on the order
- The Chief Fire Officers Association will also have one of its enforcement team leaders present, completing the panel of experts.
Exova BM TRADA runs additional courses throughout the year which can be offered in-house or within a client’s premises. Exova BM TRADA also provides management systems courses and general management training.
Download the full Fire Protection Measures programme here: http://www.exovabmtrada.com/Uploads/MediaLibrary/BMTrada/Training-Brochures/Fire_Protection_Measures_2016.pdf