ASFP announces the 2022 Passive Fire Protection Awards finalists
The Association for Specialist Fire Protection has announced the shortlist for its 2022 Passive Fire Protection Awards, with the winners due to be announced on 25 November at the Association’s Awards Dinner at the Park Regis Hotel in Birmingham. The awards will be presented by special guest speaker Mandy Hickson, a former Royal Air Force pilot who was one of the UK’s first female fast jet pilots.
Each award recognises excellence within the passive fire protection industry, at company and individual level. The 2022 event sees the introduction of three brand new awards, for best customer service, best marketing campaign and highest engagement with the ASFP. These new awards aim to improve access and increase diversity.
Shortlisted companies for each award include:
- ASFP Installation of the Year : Coopers Fire, Battersea Power Station; Encon Insulation, Equinix LD7.2 data centre ; Sharpfibre, Sellindge Converter Station
- Passive Fire Protection Innovation of the Year: Fire Protection Ltd, FPLHV, a fire-resisting high voltage cable; Global, Ceasefire,a new composite FD30 fire door range; Phoenix Green, Primary Walkway Fire Protection
- Marketing Campaign of the Year: Firefly, Minster, and FSi
- Best Customer Service: Neo, Quelfire and Siderise
- Training and Development of the Year: Etex, Minster and Quelfire
- Highest Engagement of the Year: Siderise, Checkmate Fire and CCF
- Awards will also be presented to the Longest Serving Member companies at Gold (40 years), Silver (30 years) and Bronze (20 years) levels.
The finalists for individual accomplishments include:
- Individual Rising Star of the Year: Harvey Brown, Etex; Aadam Khan, Global; and Molly Callaway, TBL Fire Protection
- Lifetime Contribution : Neville White, Encon; Nigel Morrey, Etex; and Mike Floyd and Mike Harrison, Fire Protection Association
- The Advocate of the Year and Academic Accomplishment awards will be announced on the night.
ASFP CEO Steve Davies offered his congratulations to all the shortlisted individuals and companies:
“We are delighted to welcome members and guests to Birmingham for this year’s prestigious awards, which aim to highlight excellence in passive fire protection and reward all those who improve and develop the sector either through company innovation or individual accomplishment.
“As in past years, all the entries are of the very highest standard and clearly demonstrate the excellent work, expertise, professionalism and commitment of our members. I would like to congratulate all the finalists and look forward to applauding the winners on the night.”
For further information on the ASFP and for passive fire protection advice, visit www.asfp.org.uk