System Sensor Launches Unique IP-Enabled Aspiration Detectors
FAAST’s early warning functionality and removal of false alarm risks makes it an essential safety measure in enterprise critical operations such as data centres and IT / telecoms facilities, where revenue loss and reputational damage due to disruption are unacceptable. Overheating cables are a significant source of problems, FAAST will give IT managers time to transfer data from affected servers, preserving operational uptime. Recent research has shown that average outage in the US was 120 minutes and cost more than $11000 per minute. In the US the aggregate cost of the most recent downtimes in 41 data centres was in excess of $20 million.1
- Integral IP connectivity, which enables remote monitoring and management over the internet by direct integration into local and wide area networks, a particular benefit in a data centre facility.
- Use of the System Sensor digital Advanced Protocol to communicate with the fire control panel, which enables both point and aspiration detectors to be integrated into a single overall fire system, reducing total cost of ownership.
- Super sensitive detection of 0.0015%/m (0.00046%/ft).
- Multi-angle and multi-wavelength optics and complex algorithms to differentiate combustible particles from dust particles, a critical requirement in avoiding false alarms and achieving 100% uptime.
- Three-stage filtration, which includes an aerospace-designed patented wing filter to prevent particles larger than 20 microns from entering the detection chamber, again reducing the possibility of false alarms.